Principal Engineer Vehicle Integration
What we can offer you?
In addition to a competitive Salary we have a health plan, life insurance, alongside an unlimited paid holiday plan so that you can make the most of your time away from work We promise to do our best to make being part of the team the ultimate benefit with cutting edge technologies to work on and an environment centered on transparency, trust, action, curiosity, independence and design. This environment is fostered with various ancillary benefits such as a reimbursement for pre-approved team activities, snacks & drinks, daily lunch, summer barbeques and other events.
We are looking for a vehicle integration engineer to join our Vehicle Integration Team (VIT) working directly to support attribute target setting, development and sign off both with internal and external customers. You will be responsible for cascading specifications to the wider business to support the development schedule with component design freeze. The role will be based in our UK Office but will require an eagerness to travel throughout Europe and the US and, less frequently, the rest of the world. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Vehicle dynamics benchmarking, target setting and characterisation using a mix of subjective, objective testing.
- Liaison with the simulation teams to understand component level contribution to a wide array of vehicle level attributes.
- As a vehicle integration engineer you will support vehicle assessments, tests and simulation activities and will be responsible for the overall delivery of vehicle attributes through internal and external customer liaison.
- You will be responsible for identifying issues and the definition of these issues at a system and component level to enable the wider teams to support you in delivering the vehicle level resolution.
- You will be responsible for the generation of engineering reports, development of local processes and procedures to drive the business forward.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- Strong fundamental understanding of vehicle dynamics development.
- Vehicle testing background in ride & handling - subjective vehicle evaluation, objective vehicle evaluation, including instrumentation, data collection and data processing.
- Creation and support of target cascade documentation.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar technical discipline.
- At least 5 years experience in Automotive or similar engineering environment with focus on evaluating performance and vehicle ride testing.
- Valid Drivers License.
Preferable Qualifications & Experience
- Have an engineering background in vehicle dynamics
- Master’s Degree Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar technical discipline.
- A detailed understanding of vehicle chassis and suspensions, dampers and damping mechanisms would be an advantage
- Clean driving record.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Nuneaton, UK