Support Worker / Personal Assistant (CLH)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 34 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Shifts are: 07:00 – 14:30, 09: 00 – 16:30, 14:00 – 21:30, Waking nights 21:15 – 07:15 (Evenings, weekends, bank holidays included)
Based at Cleeve Hill, with a basic hourly rate of £9.35 + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for encouraging and supporting service users to define and develop their chosen lifestyles through personal care in our residential services.
Cleeve Hill is a home that caters for a range of complex needs including learning difficulties and mental health needs. It is also a service that is focused on enabling people to develop their skills and to become as independent as possible in order to achieve their goals. Our staff are experienced in supporting people with fluctuating capacity, decision making and communication skills. Staff are trained in supporting individuals with mobility issues, if required.
THE ROLE: As Support Worker, your responsibilities will include:
- To encourage and enable service users to make day-to-day choices and major life decisions, signposting as appropriate, and to develop a positive self-image and maintain good health.
- To support service users to develop relationships, including intimate relationships and to maintain contact with family and friends.
- To provide service users with the agreed necessary support to maximise their independence and to develop social and life skills.
- To support people to manage change and lead their own support where possible.
YOU: The successful Support Worker will:
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders.
- Have good team working skills and the ability to lone work
- Have a caring manner, good sense of humour and a tolerant nature
- Engage in organisational changes and practice person centred practices at all times
- Previous experience in the care sector is desirable but not essential.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
Apply now or for further information contact Robin Armstrong Service Manager on 0117 957 0839.
**This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
- Pay Type Salary
- Cleeve Hill, 16 Cleeve Hill, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom