An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 34 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
37 hours per week – Maternity Cover - 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Closing date 28th February
Based at Trust Office, Staple Hill, with a basic of £26,960 per annum + excellent benefits, you will be responsible to lead, develop and inspire the Bank Team to provide and deliver temporary staffing support to services. You will also provide support and advice to service managers, service coordinators, home managers and other staff to ensure that people we support are given the care they need.
The Bank Team at Milestones Trust provides a temporary staffing service to our services across Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset, they do this by liaising with employees and zero hour workers across the Trust to fill shifts, working closely with recruitment agencies to cover shortfalls to ensure services are safely staffed, it’s a department that is key to the success of our services. This role will suit an someone who enjoys the challenge of dealing with different deadlines and complex matters, enjoys building positive relationship with staff and managers etc. and strives for continuous improvement to processes, systems and practices.
It is an exciting time to join the Bank Team with the organisation currently implementing a Workforce Management System which will support the goals of the Bank Team. The post holder will be heavily involved in this implementation, therefore experience with rostering systems, HR systems and rotas is key.
As a Bank Team Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- To line manage the activity, performance and development of the Bank Office team, undertaking regular supervisions ensuring objectives are set and achieved within an agreed time frame
- To effectively monitor staff work performance, providing timely support and guidance where necessary
- To liaise with Home Managers, Support Staff, Agency Providers and members of the team on a daily basis, to ensure complete shift coverage
- To support with the implementation of the Workforce Management System and develop the team during rollout to services
- To develop, maintain and monitor robust systems to ensure that the maximum number of available shifts are covered through the use of casual bank workers, proactively working to reduce the reliance on external agency support
- To work on effective resource planning, in collaboration with other internal stakeholders, to achieve an appropriate supply of casual bank workers in order to reduce the reliance and cost of agency workers usage
- To work closely with the Resourcing Team to identify and respond to services which require additional temporary resourcing support, promptly responding to services’ staffing requests by communicating specific needs to bank workers.
The successful Bank Team Manager will:
- Have management experience within an office function
- Have previous experience of managing rotas for a group of staff and of using rostering systems
- Have excellent IT skills and be able to confidently use Microsoft Office programmes
- Have a proven experience of work to comply with internal policies & procedures & processes
- Have professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be able to identify issues and develop a logical and clear approach to problem solving, and to resolve conflict using own judgement
- Have the ability to work on own initiative as leader of and part of a team and be self-motivated
- Have effective time management and work prioritisation and the ability to work well under pressure
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Dan Hadfield - Head of Resourcing on 0117 970 9348 or email email@example.com to request a copy of the job description.
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all Registered Charity No. 294377.
- Pay Type Salary
- Trust Operations, Milestones Trust, Eclipse Office Park, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom