Software & Controls Engineer Roadmotion
The ideal candidate is someone with in-depth technical knowledge of control systems and feedback control theory to lead the development of safety-critical algorithms to a production standard. Working knowledge of ISO 26262 and ASPICE would also be beneficial.
· Design & Develop of control algorithms to meet the requirements defined by the Systems and Vehicle Integration teams
· Working in-vehicle, rapid prototype controller development activities for internal and customer projects
· Define and manage control system requirements and test cases
· Control system verification, including SIL & MiL unit and integration testing and HiL testing according to the ASPICE process
· Contribute to controller architecture and algorithm design reviews
· Conduct root-cause investigations, data processing and analysis of results from simulations and vehicle testing
· Work cross functionally with the Systems, Software and Vehicle Integration teams.
· Communicate successfully to engineers from different domains with different experience levels
Essential Qualifications & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in either Systems, Software, Electrical or Control Systems engineering
· 5+ years of experience in control algorithm development and test
· Broad experience of control system theory with strong experience in signal treatment and advanced filtering techniques.
· Experience with vehicle testing and objective data collection
· Controller calibration experience: proficient with Vector tools – CANape, CANalyzer
· Experience with requirements management and associated tools – DOORS/Jama
· MiL (Model-in-Loop) and HiL (Hardware-in-Loop) testing experience
· Strong experience with algorithm development using MATLAB and Simulink
· Strong Collaboration and communication Skills
· Excellent organisational and time management skills
· Energetic, self-motivated team player who excels in developing solutions for complex systems
Preferable Qualifications & Experience
· Master’s degree of PhD
· Understanding of vehicle dynamics
· Experience with AUTOSAR software
· Knowledge of ASPICE process
-Safety critical systems experience – ISO26262
· Knowledge of automotive program timing
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Nuneaton, UK