Metrology Lead and Supplier Quality
· Direct manager for the metrology personal
· Secure and maintain Lab Certifications
· Scheduling the metrology workflow to ensure timely completion of inspection request
· Establish and maintain the calibration process in accordance with IATF16949
o Support development of calibration procedures, work instructions, and forms
o Maintain timely calibration of gauges
o Establish the qualification process for adding outside calibration house to the Approved Supplier List
o Maintain certification records on outside vendors for calibration
o Establish calibration Work Instructions for gauges calibrated internally and supporting training as needed
o Establish escalation plan for production gauges found to be out of calibration
o Establish, record, analyse, and report on Key metrics measuring the effectiveness and efficiency of the calibration system
· Establish Gage Work instructions and support training as required
· Support drawing reviews for GD&T
· Support Metrology Reviews with suppliers
· Support resolution of metrology issues with suppliers
· Support development of Measurement Work Instructions for difficult or critical dimensions
· Maintain Receiving Inspection procedures, work instructions, and forms
o Maintain required checks, Gauge instruction, and record keeping
o Maintain skip lot process
o Maintain Inspection records
o Maintain the process to track Permanent and Temporary deviations. Maintain records of the initial lot of a temporary deviation until the product returns to normal production condition. (Book Ends)
o Maintain the process to update checks if required to support print changes
o Maintain record, analyse, and report on key metrics measuring the effectiveness and efficiency of the Inspection system.
· Develop list of gauges required to support future metrology requirements
· Support the development of visual inspection requirements for incoming components
· Participate in Corrective Actions and Continuous Improvement activities related to calibration
· Support NCM’s for non-conforming material from suppliers identified by Clear Motion.
· Support MRB process and actions to close NCM’s based on the material disposition.
· Notify Suppliers of NCM conditions.
· Ensure effective containment is implemented within ClearMotion.
· Track Supplier Corrective Actions Request (SCAR) to ensure an acceptable response is received within 24 hours on containment and a full Corrective Action is completed within 14 days.
· Verify Corrective Actions include verification, Read Across activities, process document updates, and training prior to closure.
· Conduct audits as required to analyze and ensure effective containment, process/product improvements, or verification of actions taken to close SCAR’s.
o Track improvement actions to closure.
o Track audits finding and drive them to closure.
· Lead / Actively participate in Metrology / Technical Reviews, FAI with suppliers and product development teams.
· Ensure Lessons Learned related to quality issues are taken into consideration in the decision-making process.
· Supporting Supplier driven Change Management System.
· Support Internal Audits
· Preferred CQE, CQA
· Experience in Automotive business, minimum of 3 years
· Good knowledge of IATF16949
· Knowledgeable with technical drawings, measurement techniques, and GD&T
· Knowledgeable in AIAG Core Quality Tools APQP, PPAP, SPC, MSA, GR&R, FMEA, and Control Plan
· Knowledgeable in methods for quality and process corrective actions (8D, PPS, Ishikawa, 5-Why…)
· Fluent English in word and writing
· Willingness to travel to suppliers as required to complete task.
· Good Computer knowledge in MS Office and Project
· Establish, record, analyse, and report Key metrics measuring the effectiveness and efficiency of the following items:
· Calibration and MSA effectiveness and efficiency – Target 100% on time completion
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Billerica, MA, USA