Principal Software Engineer
What we can offer you?
In addition to a competitive Salary we have a comprehensive health plan with all premiums covered for you and your dependents. We provide life insurance including income protection and critical illness cover alongside an unlimited paid holiday plan so that you can make the most of your time away from work
We promise to do our best to make being part of the team the ultimate benefit with cutting edge technologies to work on and an environment centered on transparency, trust, action, curiosity, independence and design.
This environment is fostered with various ancillary benefits such as a reimbursement for pre-approved team activities, our annual team retreat, snacks & drinks, daily lunch, summer barbecues and other events.
We are looking for a talented Principal Software Engineer to work on our breakthrough active suspension system for cars. As a member of the Software Engineering Group you will be designing and developing software for our active suspension systems. The successful candidate will be a passionate, confident, organized and driven team player. The position reports to the Director of Software and Control Engineering.
- Lead a small team of software engineers
- Coordinate and maintain Software delivery plans and manage Software Development through AGILE methods (SCRUM).
- Define, design and deliver software work products including, requirements, interface specifications and software components
- Work cross-functionally to design and deliver software components
- Support software process improvement activities
- Mentor and help develop software engineers
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- BS or equivalent in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of Automotive Tier 1/Tier 2 experience/embedded system development
- Experience of managing Software Development through AGILE methods (e.g. SCRUM)
- Strong understanding of SW development cycle (V-Model)
- Experience of developing, maintaining, and debugging real time embedded systems
- SW development skills both model-based SW development (Simulink/Embedded Coder) and hand-written C code
- Delivering software to safety critical standards (i.e. ISO26262, DO178c, A-SPICE)
- Worked with the ALM tools for Software lifecycle management (e.g., Polarion, IBM, Jira etc.)
Preferable Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years of hands on AUTOSAR experience
- Master’s Degree in Software Engineering or other technology degree
- Experience of SW design methodologies e.g. UML
- Experience with standard automotive protocols (e.g. XCP, UDS, etc)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Nuneaton, UK